DIRECTIONS AND TRAVEL
Before purchasing an Amtrak ticket for your camper, contact the Registrar for details on our pickup policy and to ensure that staff will be available to meet your camper at Saratoga Springs (preferred), Glens Falls, or Albany. The parent is responsible for researching and purchasing all tickets. The pickup service fee is $50.
Before purchasing an airline ticket for your camper, contact the registrar for details on our pickup policy and to ensure that staff will be available to meet your camper at Albany Airport. The parent is responsible for researching and purchasing all tickets. The pickup service fee is $50. Please arrange for flights to arrive at Albany Airport by 11am on Sundays.
For detailed driving directions, use THIS document. Our address is 59 Davignon Rd, Corinth, NY 12822, but cell phones will not work when you get close to camp so we recommend printing the map ahead of time.
By Camp Bus (Please check CampDoc for most updated bus details)
During specified weeks, Camp Cedarbrook in the Adirondacks provides transportation services to and from Hawthorne, New Jersey, and New Hyde Park, Long Island, New York for an additional fee during select weeks of camp only. Campers may purchase transportation one way or round trip.
Fee: $80 each way ($160 round trip)
- Each passenger may bring:
1 Pullman size suitcase OR 2 weekend-size bags
1 bedroll OR sleeping bag and pillow
1 small carry-on bag
- Pack books and travel games-helps the time to pass more quickly.
- Follow the instructions of the driver and chaperone carefully when loading and retrieving luggage.
For Your Information
- Plan 1/4 to 1/2 hour extra time before and after scheduled times for varying traffic conditions.
- NEVER leave your child unattended at the pickup location.
- There are no restroom facilities at the pickup location.
- Please take precautions for motion sickness before boarding.
- Lunch is provided for campers on the return trip.
- If you have an emergency or delay, call camp (518) 608-6800.
- If the transportation experiences a delay or an emergency, camp staff will telephone you.
Safety Guidelines for Campers
- Be careful-watch for traffic in parking areas as you board and leave the vehicle.
- Show kindness, patience, and respect for other campers, the chaperone, and the driver.
- Follow all the chaperone's instructions.
- Don't distract the driver by throwing things or making excessive noise inside the vehicle.
- Sit facing forward and remain in your seat for the entire trip. (If you must leave your seat, try to do so while the vehicle is on a straight main highway, rather than on windy roads near camp.)
- Remain in your seat until the vehicle comes to a complete stop and the chaperone instructs you to get out of the vehicle.
- At camp, listen for and follow the directions for boarding and leaving the van safely.